Airplanes Make Life Better


First off, it was so good to see everyone this last week! I absolutely loved spending time with you. Second, is it winter yet??

Last Friday I flew to Spokane for a family reunion. It was so so great to spend time with family, play in the water, see mountains, and be outside with no humidity. My trip was short but sweet and I'm so grateful I was able to go back west for the weekend.


I spent the remainder of the week in D.C., remembering why I never want to live there long-term. All the things I really dislike about the area are worse in the summer: it's smelly, dirty, and FREAKING humid. But I had a fabulous time, despite all of that.

Wednesday evening involved liquid nitrogen ice cream and the pier, Thursday was temple night,  Friday night included memorials in the rain, and Saturday had delicious doughnuts. And don't worry, I didn't eat all of those treats alone.


Going to the temple and being reminded that one of the focuses is eternal families right after I was able to see a large portion of mine was so perfect. I know that the covenants we make in the temple are real and necessary. This life (and the next) would have little meaning without the important institution of families - what a blessing to know that I can be with my family for eternity!


Next time any of you are in Washington, D.C., you need to stop at this little place. SO fun! I didn't try the chicken, but I heard it was delicious. The doughnuts were amazing - I had a very difficult time deciding what kind I wanted. I settled on a blackberry lime tart doughnut and did not regret my decision. On another note, the squirrels at the park across from the White House are freaky. Do NOT go there with food - they will stare at you lustfully and nibble your toes.


Despite the 100 degree heat and 90 percent humidity, all of the time spent on an airplane, and a lack of sleep, this was probably the best week of the summer. I had a fabulous time seeing family and friends on both sides of the country and can't wait to see you all again!

Comments