I've Got Sunshi-iiiiine...


The past two weekends have been absolutely gorgeous weather and I love spending Saturday mornings outside. But by afternoon it's SO hot and I am like a wilted flower, so I spend afternoons hiding in my apartment with the blinds down and the AC on. That sounds very reclusive when I say it out loud... But it's not reclusive, exactly, it's just slightly vampiric.


So I live very close to the botanical gardens here in Columbus - it's a huge, beautiful park with a community garden, a conservatory, several amphitheaters, lots of ponds, and about a gazillion geese. Last weekend the conservatory was having a plant sale, which was a perfect excuse to go check it out, so I spent all morning in greenhouse heaven. There was even one full of butterflies. The conservatory also employs a very talented gaffer, so there was amazing blown glass all over the complex, hence the beautiful cover photo for this post
.

This weekend, there was a huge art festival downtown, so I went to that - it was right along the river, which is really nice. For a city skyline, Columbus' is actually kind of beautiful. Among all the artisan booths and fair-esque food, I also found the community cultural arts center, which was very exciting. I decided I am going to sign up for a ceramics class this summer and hopefully they have a weaving class this fall that is held when real working people can actually attend. *I'm not bitter at all.*


For anyone wondering, the neighborhood I live in is called Olde Towne East, emphasis on the Olde. I actually really like my area - it is quiet, close to a beautiful park, and only a block or so away from a main bus line. What more could you ask for?


P.S. if anyone has hair tips for humidity and (kind of) curls, I would really really really appreciate it. If I don't straighten my hair, I finish the day with my hair looking like a lion that just woke up. And if I do straighten my hair, I end the day looking like a frizz ball. It's a lose-lose situation at this point and braids just aren't cutting it for me.

Comments