Not to be Corny or Anything,


But I've decided I like Ohio. It is probably the most random place I have ever been, and that's okay. Like this field of corn! What the heck?

Although I haven't explored more than two hours past Columbus, I've been all over the world the past two weeks. Last weekend I was in Berlin, tasting delicious cheese and admiring Amish baskets. That's Berlin, Ohio btw.

This weekend, I made a quick trip to Dublin, to see a giant field of cement corn. My mind still doesn't really grasp it fully. It's a field of corn. But just the ears. And they're giant and made out of cement...

In addition to the giant field of cement corn trees, I also saw the world's largest gavel and went to a Shakespeare in the park production, which I love. Oh, and did I mention there was an Asian Festival at the park a few blocks from my apartment? Saturday was so full of different cultures, I don't even know what to say. 

So far I've really been enjoying Ohio, but probably don't ask me in July when it's perpetually hot and humid. One kind of random thing I've noticed about Columbus is all of the different church buildings. The one right downtown across from my office building plays hymns from its bell tower quite frequently and I love it.

Happy Memorial Day!


Comments