It's Been a Week


    Okay so let's address the elephant (literally) in the room: being in DC for the election was insane. SO much emotion. Everywhere. All week long. I'll be honest, didn't vote for Trump, but it has been exciting to be part of a huge conservative organization and see the changes and good that could happen in the next four years. There is so much potential for some good change. But we'll see.
      Other than the election, it's been a pretty quiet week. Classes on Tuesday were interesting, as usual. Melanie and I, with another friend, built a tower out of spaghetti noodles and a marshmallow. It maybe fell down during the actual competition our class had, but we got it standing after. Later in the class discussion, our teacher looked over at us and kind of did a double take. He stopped class to tell everyone that although our tower wasn't structurally sound, it was the most artistic tower he's ever had a group make. He even said it belonged in a museum. We kind of agree.


     Heritage gave us Veteran's Day off and I SO appreciated the long weekend. Every time I walk past a Five Guys I look in the window to see where their potatoes are from. For those of you not familiar with the establishment, Five Guys makes really good fresh fries and always has a sign indicating where that day's load of potatoes is from. On Friday I passed one and their potatoes were from a town in Southern Idaho. It may not have been Blackfoot, but it was close enough. I got a small fry because I needed a piece of Idaho. They were delicious. Idaho just grows 'em right.
     We weren't planning on doing anything Friday night, but then Clark tried to knock our door in, so we had to do something. Sarah and I went on a run around the National Mall and the Capitol Building while Clark made us spaghetti. So we got home and Clark had dinner ready for all of us. What a guy. Jared was there as moral support. After our great dinner, the four of us made popcorn and watched a movie. Basically a great Friday night in.


     Clark, Jared, Sarah, and I spent Saturday afternoon at the Holocaust museum - which was very well put together. Afterward, we found ourselves at Trader Joe's, the greatest grocery store on earth. In case you were wondering, I didn't buy anything that was pumpkin flavored. #selfcontrol. I just want to brag a little - we are so creative with our tiny kitchenette. After our grocery trip, Clark and Jared helped us make sweet potato bisque, a kale salad, and roasted baby red potatoes. We be gettin' fancy.
     I'll just leave you with this: Last night I was talking to a friend who reminded me I only have three and a half weeks before I'll be back in Idahome. What.

Comments